Holland Construction Services has identified that Safety is an essential component in our business. We feel that construction activities can and should be accomplished without accidents. Therefore, we have determined that employee safety will be first priority on all projects. To ensure that end, management will:
- Provide time, money, and resources to ensure that Safety is given the highest priority in every aspect of our business.
- Authorize the purchase of necessary equipment in order that all phases of work can be accomplished in a safe manner.
- Ensure that our Statement of Safety Policy is reviewed and updated annually in order that it exceeds the minimum standards established by OSHA law.
- Establish a Safety Committee comprised of individuals from all departments to ensure that our policies and procedures are continually critiqued and updated.
- Continue to offer safety training, education, and certifications to all HCS employees seeking advancement.
- Empower employees at all levels to ensure these priorities are met.
Our desired results are:
- To provide a safe and effective working environment for HCS employees and subcontractors.
- To complete calendar year without an OSHA recordable case, lost time case, or workman’s compensation claim.
- To further reduce and maintain an insurance Experience Modification Rate (EMR) below the industry average of 1.0.
- Maintain our relationship and partnership with Region V OSHA office.
- To be recognized as an employer who cares for the wellbeing of those involved with our projects and everyone in our industry.
- Educated HCS employees in the field of Safety and choosing new hires that are properly trained in maintaining a safe workplace.